In this post, focus on most important topic or shared the most imporatant topic. assembling a computer is very important topic , you will be having to perform the following Tasks.
- Preparing the Cabinet
- Installing the SMPS (Switch Mode power supply)
- Installing the Motherboard back plate
- Connecting a case fan to the cabinet
- Installing the CPU or Processor, heat sink on processor, RAM on the Motherboard
- Placing motherboard inside the cabinet.
- Installing expansion Cards
- Installing HDD and ODD
- Connecting Interface and power cables
- Closing the Cabinet
- Connecting the monitor ,the Keyboard and mouse
- Connecting the Speakers
- Testing the System
Types of Cabinet
- Mini Tower: Height 12-18 inches
Internal drive bay 1-2
2. Mid Tower: Height 18-24 inches
Internal drive bay 3-4
3. Full Tower: Height 30 inches or more
Internal drive bay 6-10
Preparing the cabinet To assembling a Computer
To open the Cabinet
Remove the Screws the Right-hand side panel.
Slide the Panel back to Release them from the chassis of the case
Once you Have opened the cabinet, the next step is to install he SMPS.
Installing the SMPS: assembling a computer
Check whether the SMPS is functioning properly before Installing It. Short the green and black wire fan is working then SMPS is Good.
Installing Motherboard Backplate:
The motherboard backplate also called blanking plate.
Connecting the Case Fan:
After placing the SMPS inside the cabinet the next step is to install the cabinet fan. Most cabinets come with at least one fan pre- Installed and some cabinets have two. Typically, one fan is Installed in the front as an air intake and another at the back as an exhaust.
Installing the CPU or processor: assembling a computer
After connecting the case fan to the cabinet, the next step is to install the CPU or the processor on the motherboard
Take all the necessary precautions to avoid static electricity problem.
An antistatic wrist band is used to safely ground a person working on electronic equipment such as computers to prevent build-up of static electricity in the body.so wear an antistatic wrist band when assembling or disassembling a computer.
Installing heat sink on processor
Installing RAM on the motherboard
Once the heat sink has installed, the next step would be installing RAM on the Motherboard.
Placing motherboard inside the Cabinet
Now that the CPU has been installed on the motherboard lets us place the motherboard inside the cabinet.
Installing Expansion Cards:
After the motherboard has been placed in the cabinet the next step would be to install few expansion cards such as graphics card.
Installing HDD and ODD:
we need to mount the Hard disk drive (HDD) & optical Optical Disk Drive.
Connecting Interface and power cable
Closing the Cabinet
Take Following precautions to assembling a computer
- Ensure that all the wires are put in and there are not hanging wires.
- Conform that tools such as screwdriver or Screws are not left inside the cabinet.
- Attach the cabinet of cover and secure it with screws.